Things are getting really exciting now as my ‘new greenhouse dream’ is actually happening. Last weekend my husband and I emptied the old greenhouse and took all the glass out, only smashing one pane! We moved the frame onto a flat surface which we are going to eventually cover with a sheet of clear polythene so I can continue to protect my new seedlings and reasonably established tomato plants which are at the moment cluttering the windowsills in the house.
Both water butts that were attached to the greenhouse had to be moved. We emptied the first one into a smaller butt and numerous receptacles and moved it to a safe place then filled it back up. We did the same with the second butt so feel happy now that we have not wasted any precious water.
The builders came and dug out the foundations which have now been filled with concrete. Now waiting for the weather to improve so the brick wall can be built ready for the greenhouse to be installed. Can’t wait.